Disclosure: We receive compensation from some of the companies we’ve listed in this section if sales are generated through this website. We also choose to promote them because we use their services and are completely satisfied with their products and customer care.
Starting a blog sounds so complicated doesn’t it? A few years ago, this would have been the case. Today, starting a blog has gotten much easier! Have you heard of WordPress? If not, get ready to be pleasantly surprised! WordPress is a service/software that lets you build your own blog without having to know how to code. Mind blown? 🙂
WordPress lets you setup a basic blog in just minutes. Complex designs and features sometimes take a bit more know-how, but you’ll be able to quickly and easily get started with very few technical skills.
Before starting a blog, there are a few things to consider that have nothing to do with technology. These are important things to ask yourself up-front before you dive into the crazy world of blogging.
- Am I willing to spend a few hours per week on this blog?
- Do I really enjoy cooking?
- Can I come up with my own recipes?
- Do I have the patience to write down quantities and detailed instructions for my recipes?
- Can I come up with at least a couple of recipes and test/cook them each week?
- Do I like to write interesting stories?
- Am I resourceful on the web and okay with looking things up or asking questions when I’m stumped?
- Am I okay with joining online communities of like-minded people to ask questions and share knowledge?
- Do I enjoy photography?
- Do I have a decent camera?
- Do I like social media or am I willing to try social media?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, you’re probably ready to take the leap!
Disclaimer: Blogging is work and it’s not an immediate source of income (unless of course you’re some kind of writing/cooking/photography prodigy).
Starting a Blog Series:
How do I Start a Food Blog?